ADOLESCENT/ADULT DOG PROGRAMS
“I took my 6-month-old Mini Aussie, Rip, to Dog 4 Life for a 3 week boarded ‘education.’ He is a great dog with LOTS of enthusiasm with some determination (aka hard-headiness). He needed a kind but firm hand to learn some manners. I left a dog who jumped all over people and would come to me only if it was his idea. Three weeks later after Adrienne worked her magic, I picked up the brand-new Rip! He has great manners and happily obeys all of the obedience commands.”
“Cooper was very energetic and most of the time pretended he didn't know his name. When I picked him up he was responsive, walked calmly on a leash, responded to commands. He is now a very well behaved puppy that no longer launches himself on to guests that come into my home.” —Sydney Olsen
“When it came to being outside, I was the last thing on her mind. Athena is also extremely playful with other dogs and knew no boundaries/respect for handler when a dog was nearby. This led to ignoring off leash recalls, pulling relentlessly sometimes, and unexpectedly lunging for dogs for a chance to play... Athena is the same dog, but just in control of her impulses, rather than being a slave to them! She is still that playful, spunky, prancing, brilliant, lazy GSD I love but is able to listen to & hold commands, knows boundaries, is reliable off leash, heels, recalls with excitement, and is overall a brighter eyed happier dog -- BOTH inside and out in public!“
We love helping dogs and their owners communicate with each other better and reach their training goals together!!
We customize our training and methods for each dog’s temperament and personality—no forcing square pegs into round holes here!
We take a very personal and individual approach to each dog’s training experience.
Below is some general information about our programs:
We offer a Board and Train Program, which is four weeks long at $5500.00, it includes the following:
• All dogs live in a house (not a concrete kennel), and they practice house manners and how to have calm indoor behavior on cue. During their stay, they would train with us, learn to socialize with other dogs (politely) every day, learn to play with humans in a way that challenges them and gives an outlet for their drives, and gain all kinds of new skills and obedience training that can be applied in public and in the home. They’ll have a fun, active learning experience here, and will come home LOVING to listen and go on adventures, as well as be able to calm down on cue and exercise impulse control.
• We build a strong behavioral foundation in any situation and help you with the transition back home by providing a customized, easy-to-follow Go Home protocol.
• Your dog will learn how to play with other dogs politely (if appropriate), and how to ignore other dogs when necessary. They will learn how to focus on YOU! We practice in public and teach them how to focus even around various distractions.
• This program also includes:
- a video library with instructions, references, examples, and help
- two on-site Private Lessons to help handlers learn the protocols, troubleshoot, and stay on track
- a comprehensive written handout
- a customized Go Home protocol to help your dog smoothly transfer all new skills back to the home setting
(We use only the highest quality training equipment, and your dog will come home with about $800.00 of training equipment, including a place cot, a handmade leather leash, a training collar or several, clickers, a Martin System collar as appropriate, and whatever else we find works best!)
• We focus on building a strong learning foundation and basic on-leash obedience.
• If we get far enough along, we start to focus on advanced off-leash obedience.
• The package includes eight lessons for $2600.00, we meet once a week, and you get homework to do between sessions.
• 60-90 minute sessions (longer in the beginning, and shorter as things get rolling).
*Training equipment is included in this package. (You will receive about $800.00 of equipment)
Lessons are a great way to learn dog training techniques! Results are directly related to how well you do your training at home and following suggested protocols, so prepare to dedicate about 60 minutes per day to training your dog. Also, be prepared to make alterations in your routine and living pattern while they’re learning new skills. This will help your dog achieve the best success possible!
LEVEL ONE GROUP CLASS:
• We will cover How Dogs Learn, Dog Psychology, Sit, Place, Down, Out, Heel, and Introduction to Recall. We will teach you a couple fun tricks as well!
• This course is holistic, and will focus not only on obedience for your pup, but also on helping you learn how to communicate with him, and build strong habits that you love! This is NOT your average beginners class.
• Semi-private group class, with a maximum of eight human and dog pairs.
• The class will meet for eight weeks for $800.00.
***After completing the Level 1 group class, graduates are eligible for our Level 2 class! Level 2 advances your dog's obedience into off leash skills, AND we earn the AKC Canine Good Citizen title.***
We work with LendingUSA to offer easy payment plans for our taining programs! We use a simple text to apply link. Once you've applied, LendingUSA will do a soft pull on your credit, and give you plan options. Plans and terms vary, but many of our clients have had excellent experiences working with them to facilitate changing their dogs' lives through training.
If you are interested in financing through LendingUSA, please let us know!
After your dog graduates from one of our programs, we offer lifelong support via the Graduate Club, which includes the online portal and two group classes each month, for $79/month per dog (cancel anytime). Graduate Club provides help and support, it is an ongoing resource for all your questions, and in person coaching for you. We also learn tricks, agility, and other skills that will enrich your dog and be a lot of fun for you both! We know that the HUMAN is the key to a dog’s long-term excellence!
*** *** ***
Below I have linked some videos of some of the dogs we’ve trained to give you an idea of what we do during our programs with these young dogs!
Jake the 6mo month old Lab
Cupcake the 8 month old Bulldog (aggression case)
Rooney the 1yo dachshund (anxiety/reactivity case)
Bear the 8mo hound mix (reactivity case)
Training dogs at the park! Ft. Rusty the 9mo Heeler, Figment the 1yo Rhodesian Ridgeback (extreme anxiety case), and Tucker the Pudelpointer (anxiety case)
Gunner the 12mo Rottweiler
Walter the 1yo Boxer
Winston the 7mo Doodle
Harry the 1.5 year old Portuguese Water Dog
Sally the 9 month old lab (anxiety case)
Rip the 6 mo Aussie
Goose the 7mo Goldendoodle
Harley the 4mo silver lab
We have a strong ethos regarding training. It rests on the belief that a dog should not simply “obey.” They should listen and be reliable, with joy and enthusiasm! It’s not enough for us that they “do what we say.” Our goal is that every dog we train to absolutely LOVE working with you.
Reliability + joyful demeanor is our standard!
Feel free to reach out with any questions at all!
Adrienne Forsythe, Owner and Head Trainer
Dog 4 Life Training & Behavior Solutions, LLC
Check out what people are saying about our programs!
"Adrienne and all of her staff at Dog 4 Life are professional. You can tell they are happy doing what they do which makes the training an even more enjoyable experience!
We chose private lessons and are very pleased with the outcome. Tegan, one of Adrienne’s trainers is great and worked wonders with our Luke! All of her staff show the love they have for all the fur babies.
We would highly recommend the Dog 4 Life training experience for anyone!"
"I love Adrienne’s approach to dog training because she doesn’t aim for a robotically obedient dog, but to teach expectations for obedience and create a baseline method of communication between the dog and the owner. Adrienne and her team teach you how to continue to train your dog.
This experience has been an amazing investment in my relationship with Eris. She continues to be the incredibly curious, sweet, and silly girl she always was, but she now has so much more confidence to explore and understand the world around her (which reduces any lingering anxiety). I have a much better understanding about what she needs. We are both so much happier for it....I cannot recommend Adrienne and her team enough!"